Antibody microarrays are an efficient and cost-effective tool for the analysis of multiple proteins in parallel. Some advantages of an analysis based on antibody microarray are:
- Lower antibody consumption as compared to standard assays such as ELISA
- The highly parallel approach increases the probability to identify a protein biomarker candidate in a biomarker screening or verification study.
- The parallel analysis of multiple target proteins facilitates a direct comparison of protein abundance in the very same experiment and set of samples.
- Only minimal amount of sample such as 20 µL of plasma is needed to analyse hundreds of proteins. Therefore, multiplex analysis is feasible for low abundant samples.
- A variety of sample types such as plasma, serum, tissue or samples from cell culture experiments can be analysed with the very same platform
- A sample fractionation or a depletion of high abundant proteins such as albumin is not necessary. Thereby, the sample preparation is simplified and a potential bias can be prevented.
- Where necessary, alternative immunological assays can be built comparably easy based on the very same antibodies.
Most of time antibody microarrays are used in biomedical studies. However, there are multiple other possibilities such as analysis and surveillance of food or the analysis of environmental samples. Contact us to learn about the advantages of an antibody microarray based analysis in your application.